RE: MGX and SFX file formats

From: Pieter.Bourgaux@materialise.be
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 12:59:44 EEST

Dear list,

Some explanation about the MGX-format and the Materialise software that uses
it.

The MGX-format
- Compresses STL-files 10 to 20 times (depending of the triangulation).
- Can group multiple STL-files in one MGX-file.
- Can include a password to protect the STL-files inside.

Magics communicator can read and write MGX-files of imported files (However
no STL export).

Magics RP can read and write MGX-files (and save the parts as STL-files)

STLZip 2.0 is a small utility like Winzip that offers free compression from
STL to MGX (So you can send a compressed file to your RP-bureau if he has
Magics RP)
There's a payable module in STLzip that offers
- Unzipping of MGX-files to STL
- Create self-extracting archives, so the person to who you send the file
does not needs Magics.

STLZip 2 also offers so-called API-functionalities. These are routines that
can be used by external programs. This offers the possibility to
non-Materialise programs to integrate the MGX-format using the program
STLZip 2 in the background.

STLZip 2 can be downloaded freely at www.materialise.com

For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Pieter Bourgaux

Application engineer
Materialise

Tel +32 16 39 66 66
Fax +32 16 39 66 00

No time to fix a file ? STLfix.com does it for you !
On-line around the clock STL repair and CAD to STL conversion.
"No cure, money back" guarantee. http://www.stlfix.com