Re: rabbit

From: Delft Spline Systems (info@spline.nl)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 14:29:59 EEST

Cher Alain,

No idea what the Stanford rabbit is, however we do have THE teapot for you.
At least I assume that you mean the "Utah teapot", created by Martin Newell
at the Univ of Utah in 1975. For background information see the journal
"IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Januari 1987, pp 8-19.
Please find attached a zipped (60 Kb) STL file of half a teapot
(the version to the rp-ml list goes without attachment).

Do note that the file is no valid STL: the design of the teapot if from a
time-frame before solid modelling, and contains gaps. The STL even is for
half a teapot only: copy and mirror first. This is a version with large facets,
if needed we also have a more refined version.

Best Regards,

Lex Lennings.

At 28/05/2002, Alain Bernard wrote:
>I would appreciate if some of yourselves would it be so kind to send me (or
>let me know where it is possible to get ) a STL model of the Standford
>Rabbit and of the teapot. These two models are used for image processing
>and reverse engineering applications.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling.

mailto:info@spline.nl --- website: http://www.deskproto.com