Re: homemade inkjet printer head

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 21:43:08 EEST

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002 nhbearss@netscape.net wrote:
> Good luck!  Solidscape has that technology.  However, they also have
> a huge customer base of unhappy people because their printheads are
> so unreliable.  I have heard of several instances of customers
> getting new jets, only to install them and find they don't work.  If
> you can come up with a dependable, durable design, I think you will
> find a huge aftermarket.

Then again, you might also find a huge lawsuit.

Personally, I wish for a machine with a 1-meter square bed, with
printheads that emit drops 1/16" in diameter. But, as the Solidscape
rep who did my install explained it to me, "any time you put one drop
of wax on top of another, we own it." Truth? I'd have to hire a
lawyer to find out.

--
-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman                                         (831) 429-8224