RE: homemade inkjet printer head

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 00:08:52 EEST

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, denis bonnenfant wrote:
> If you want to sell your homemade machine, Patents apply, of course. But if
> you keep it secret ant just offer a service - manufacturing wax parts from
> STL files - there are no reasons to be concerned by patents. But R&D costs
> for your machine will be much larger than buying the patents...

Hmm. You're sure that making money from the machine without selling
it is not a patent infringement?

I mean, if I build a stereolithography setup, buy a bunch of resin,
and open a service bureau that sells SLA parts, I'd be protected from
3D Systems by simply refusing to state in public how my machine works?

--
-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman                                         (831) 429-8224