RE: homemade inkjet printer head

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 04:04:18 EEST

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Lamar Davidge wrote:
> Are you guys serious? You are spending a lot of time discussing the
> POSSIBLE implications of building a homemade RP system. Let's ignore the
> near impossibility of an individual coming up with a good high quality RP
> system.

I think you'd best leave the decisions about who is capable of what to
others, for if we all hewed to your low estimate of human capacity, it
would be a duller world.

>Honestly, even the very best RP system still has problems holding
> part tolerances within .01" over 10".

One that could hold .1" over 10" would be adequate for my needs.

> How many customers didn't get a reply to an email because of this
> thread? How many quotes were put off till monday because it was more
> interesting to reply to the patent issues, and copyright possibilities?

Ooh, hadn't thought of that! We'd best do as you say, or we'll all be
bankrupt soon. Do you have any more business advice for us? Anything
personal maybe? It's so rare that I meet someone who really
understands what is best for me.

> -now for me to BS also :) -
> Does Ford Motor Company go after aftermarket parts retailers? As I
> understand it when a company places an order for a RP part, you agree to
> sell them the final product, they own it you don't. Or did you agree to
> allow them the use of the part you created? Don't they own the original
> design?

Yes, but what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?
Situations in which one person or company handles another's
intellectual property without acquiring it are common as dirt, and I'm
not aware of any ambiguity surrounding them.

--
-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman                                         (831) 429-8224