Re: Cans of worms and copyrighted SLA parts

From: Steven Pollack (StevenP@DigitalJeweler.NET)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 17:42:36 EEST

Larry,

Well I know I was surprised last year at the NDES(or the National
Manufacturing) show at the McCormick Place Convention Center. I went to the
3D Systems booth to see the Viper and there was my wifes eternity band. It
is a very unique ring with octagonal shaped diamonds going all the way
around with baguettes between.

I had previously sent the file to a reseller in Georgia to run on the
Thermojet to show me what the parts would look like. Appearantly this file
got shared with 3D Systems who took the liberty to produce pieces on the
Viper.

Quite a shock. Not a huge deal since I never planned to commercialize this
design beyond my wifes ring but still a breach of trust.

Steven