independent sneaker designer for documentary

From: Detlef Klein (d.klein@polyeides.de)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 13:54:15 EEST

Hi everybody,

I'm a free journalist from Berlin, Germany. I'm working on a documentary
(for cinema) about the cultural history of the sneaker. The project is still
in the research phase.

The plan is: to focus on the work of the designers and develop the story
from theirs points of view. We've already talked to Tinker Hatfield (Nike)
and Michael Michalsky (Adidas). They agreed to be in the film.

Right now I'm looking for a third portagonist: an independent shoe designer,
an artist, who creates a work of art for himself and then sells copies.
Somebody, maybe, who used to work on a contract basis for one of the major
companies. Someone who lost all rights to the copies of a shoe he once
designed. If there are any such artist out there: could you please respond?

About the company which produces the film: "Polyeides Medienkontor" is a
group of free journalists in Berlin, Germany, who work for print media,
television and radio. We specialize in cultural and social issues. We have
been working for: die Süddeutsche Zeitung; Frankfurter Rundschau; Die Zeit;
Stern; Stern; Arte; Sender Freies Berlin; Bayerischer Rundfunk; ARD; ZDF;
Deutsche Welle; Norddeutscher Rundfunk; DeutschlandRadio. You will find
examples of our work in the internet under: www.polyeides.de

Thank you very much for your help

Detlef Klein
polyeides medienkontor I reichenbergerstr. 124 I D - 10999 berlin I T:
+49 (0)30 26553620 I F: +49 (0)30 26553622 I www.polyeides.de