Re: Fw: Save big on SLA models

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 22:38:51 EEST

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Carl Dekker wrote:
> I find it interesting to see that we are coming to an era where
> making information about yourself and your background are no longer
> necessary in your points of promotion. As I still have a desire to
> know whom I might be working with I felt you all might too. I have
> copied some information from network solutions (below) so you all
> could see the point of origin of the new cheapsla.com.

It certainly is an interesting business - the site has no phone
number, no physical address, and no mention of confidentiality. The
prices are nice, but it looks rawther under-the-table to me.

Christine Huskisson appears to be a fine art gallery director at
Georgetown College, over 700 miles from the cheapsla.com registrant
location in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Georgetown does not appear, from their website, to have any RP
facility at all. Shared Replicators, however, is located in Tulsa,
and they have at least one SLA7000, not to mention a lot of other
hardware.

I also notice that their quote system forms look extremely similar to
CheapSLA's. But maybe they're just using the same quoting package.

What do you think, is this Shared Replicators' plan to get rid of
excess machine time on the quiet? I don't know how well their
share-selling plan has been doing.

But why is Huskisson involved - maybe they're going to use the models
in some kind of art piece later on? Or maybe she's just lending her
name so the domain registration won't be too obvious.

--
-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman                                         (831) 429-8224