Re: Novice 3d scan question: stitching point clouds

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 10:23:07 EEST

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Deelip Menezes wrote:
> Bathsheba, I am not sure whether these utilities will be helpful to you,
> mainly because (1) you need AutoCAD or Rhino to run them, and (2) your point
> could may not be in the form of a matrix (rows and columns). These plug-ins
> were developed to read in data from a Ditizer or 3D Scanner.

Thanks much! I do have Rhino, and the points are from a scanner, so
this might be a good solution for us. I'm not sure yet if the points
are in a matrix, but if not maybe I can push them into one.

I don't think that answering a question is a violation of list
etiquette; it is random unsolicited advertising that's discouraged.
One doesn't want to be spammed every time someone releases a new
product, but if there's a discussion for which said product is
on-topic, mentioning it is no crime.

--
-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman                                         (831) 429-8224