RE: Novice 3d scan question: stitching point clouds

From: Anshuman Razdan (razdan@asu.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 05:22:05 EEST

Hmm interesting that you want the points aligned but don't want a mesh
like Geomagic would produce. One alternative is to use Geomagic to
combine the points let it be wrapped and meshed. Then you can sort of
sample the surface as just points. Throw away the topology and keep the
geometry (points). Would u describe your application a bit more as I am
puzzled that you don't want more than points.

AR

Dr. Anshuman Razdan
Director, PRISM
http://3dk.asu.edu