RE: CT Scanning

From: Bibb, Richard (PDR) (RBibb-pdr@uwic.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 10:29:49 EEST

Dear Keith,

The difficult bit is finding some one with an industrial CT scanner. They
are usually used for non-destructive testing of safety critical parts.

Once you have data (the standard format is DICOM) then I can handle the data
and produce images or STL files from it (there are other options too). The
software I use, in case you want to get it yourself is called Mimics and is
made by Materialise. There are a few other similar systems about too, which
like Mimics are normally used for medical work.

Let me know if you want to know more.

regards,
Richard
Dr. Richard Bibb