Powder Sticking on Rollers of SLS

From: #TAN KWANG HUI# (PS7625867H@ntu.edu.sg)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 13:29:41 EEST

Dear all

Has anyone faced the problem of having powders sticking on their SLS rollers as they goes over the part bed. I am testing out on some biomaterials and it seemed that the powders tend to stick on the rollers despite the fact that the I have ensured that part bed temperature is raised to an appropriate temperature. The powder size is around 25 micron so I do not know if this is due to electrostatic. I do understand that the average powder size of Duraform is about 60 micron.

Anyone out there with any advice and experience to share. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mr. TAN Kwang Hui
Research Student
Nanyang Technological University