(no subject)

From: Conrad Miller (toohardtolove@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 23:10:33 EEST

Good day,

I am a summer student working at Kaiser in Jamaica. I amundergoing research
on how to stop condensation in the storage dome where thebauxite is kept.
In a nutshell, what really happens is that the bauxite goesdown to the
dome very hot, and on entering the dome, this hot air rises,cools on the
cool top surface of the dome and condensation occurs, wettingthe whole top
layer of the Bauxite. This bauxite has to then be carried back to the
dryers to go through the whole process, again. We are talkingabout
truckloads of wet lumps of bauxite coming from the storage dome.
The dome is equipped with air tumblers which are supposed toallow hot
air and dust to leave the dome. However these of course become clogged with
dust, which is why all of my ideas so far will not besufficient. I need a
cost effective way to stop, or reduce significantly the condensation in the

dome. Since the material is so fine and dry, this will prove challenging. I'm not sure if cement companies are also exposed to this type of problem, I'll have to check that out.

I hope there is an engineer somewhere out there who can brainstorm this one! If you have any ideas please let me know.You can contact me at trinibwoy_cm@yahoo.com.Thank you.

-Conrad Miller

Kaiser Jamaica Bauxite Company

Discovery Bay