RE: JPEG to 3D Solids

From: mehmetsalim@arpastr.com
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 09:42:35 EEST

Dear Jeffrey I am also in Jewellery industry and we have some applications like producing stamping moulds from a grayscale bitmap.

We are using ArtCAM, Cimagraphy, Quickshape, Unigraphics and Mechanical Desktop for these applications which fits to application.

Yes you are right that some of the details are lost during the transformation of the datas but with some small modifications you can achieve good results. We are nowadays making the ancient Greek Gods as pendants.

This software that you have mentioned using CAT scans or MRI is a software of Materialise. I have not been able to try it yet but I saw some very succesfull sterolitography models of human being organs.

regards,
Mehmet SALIM