RP Career advice/help please!

From: John Vollmen (John@lseinc.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 20:06:35 EEST

Hello all,

I am very interested in the RP industry and would like to gear my career towards this field. Any advice from people working in the industry on how I might be able to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

Brief history of me - I received my BSME about two years ago and have
worked as a design engineer since graduating. My work experience is
exclusively in sheet metal design working with Pro/E, but I would really like to focus my
career into the field of RP.

Although my current position fits my life rather well at the moment, it is not where I want to spend the next 30 years. I would like to start gaining the necessary tools and knowledge to gear my career towards the RP industry so that when I am ready to make the switch, everything is already in place. Are there ways I can gain these skills without actively working with in the field?

Please, even the most general of information might help me to determine a path of action.

Thanks,
jv