bouncing emails

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 14:41:35 EEST

Some of you may have email that seems to bounce every time you send one to
certain people or companies. If so then the mail server that you are
using to send mail (SMTP server) could be on a black list because it is an
open mail relay and is being used by spammers.

You need to forward a copy of the rejection message to your mail system
administrator so they can fix this issue. Have them go to these spam
removal sites to find out why they are on this black list.

Most companies and universities are now using these spam services and while
they remove some spam they do not get them all but they can block innocent
emails just due to a mail system
administrator not doing their job correctly and it only takes one server
out of many to get your company blacklisted.

technology is so great....

Elaine

"Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
Wernher von Braun
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we
give." Winston Churchill

Elaine Hunt, Director
Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
100 Fluor Daniel Building
Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634
864-656-0321