RE: Dimensional layout source?

From: George Hatzilias (georgeh@slingshotpdg.com)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 19:02:43 EEST

Mike,

We offer a full range 3d scanning services, are local here in Atlanta, and
can more than meet your needs. We have portable equipment and will provide a
quote straight from an image.

Our capabilities range from small micron scale parts to full scale vehicles.
We utilize precision non-contact optical scanning as well as traditional
CMMs. To give you an example a full car can be scanned in as little as 1-2
days, with fully registered point clouds well up into millions of points,
and tolerances of as little as 0.005" bumper to bumper.

Our first article inspection for injection molding can provide you with:
-3d scans in native and industry standard formats
-layout drawings with critical dimensions, pass fail, out tols... etc.
-graphical and text reports
-3d interactive graphical overlays and freeware communication/markup tools
-reverse engineered "as built" models
-interactive metrology analysis tools
-fast ultra dense scans, hundreds of thousands of points in one click, and
reveal things like warpages, bends/twists, and other distortions just not
visible with discrete point scans.

other services include:
-methodology development and consulting
-3d scanning
-data archiving
-inspection, qc etc
-reverse engineering
-rapid surfacing
-design services
-engineering services
-product development services

We quote 3d scanning related work on a project by project basis, please
email a digital image to georgeh@slingshotpdg.com for an estimate.

Thanks,

Giorgos Hatzilias
Slingshot PDG