RE: reverse engineering benchmarking

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 21:47:09 EEST

At 01:46 PM 8/26/2002 -0400, Ping Fu wrote:
>In my extensive market research, I have not seen complete benchmark
>being
>done in this industry sector.

Dick Aubin did the IMS benchmark which looked at all systems that were
current at the time of the study. However the raw data was only available
to the membership. If anyone wants to do a repeat study such as GARPA I
believe the time has come that such a study would benefit the industry
greatly. While the IMS study was volunteer and many of the parts were
"handmade" to benefit the company the results I knew about was surprising.

Where are all the pioneers now? Surely Dick was not the last of the breed?

Elaine