RE: Stolen emails

From: Blasch, Larry (LBlasch@OPW-FC.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 16:29:17 EEST

Karl,

I appreciate the warning.

But it's likely that it will be a one time occurrence...

Spammers, hackers and other criminals are using programs that search mailing
lists for valid addresses and routing info and then modify their own e-mail
headers to confuse the target/recipient and cover their tracks.

They normally just use the info once, discard it and spoof someone else.

They also substitute IP addresses in the routing headers so you may discover
that your company has it's IP server blacklisted as a spam source. It
happened to us.

I wish you luck in tracing the creep(s).

Larry Blasch

Lawrence R. Blasch
Design Engineer
CAE Systems Administrator