RE: Students Awed by Technology & Career Opportunities

From: Makai Smith (smith@vsba.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 15:42:26 EEST

>student workers/volunteers...

FWIW,
I'm reminded here of SIGGRAPH.
I was introduced to a whole range of experiences because
of participating as a student volunteer in the Studio;
it eventually led to my becoming a contributor.

The students are given housing (albeit 4 per room) and
some are even given grants for travel in exchange for
35h of work. I don't know how it balances out financially,
but the conference seems to take on a particular flavor because
of the manifest educational purpose.

omsmith@vsba.com