RE: AW: Envision Technologies

From: Bob Olsen (Bob@protogenic.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 00:02:38 EEST

Tim, al lot of information on their web site,
http://www.envisiontec.de/21hdesca.htm . They are using a methacrylate
right now, I've pasted in some of the info from their web site:

Mechanical Properties (preliminary) - Resinsystem Perfactory®
Group: Acrylat
Color: red-brown (not transparent)
Viskosity: 400 mPas (20°C); (not polymerized)

Three-point Bending test - polymerized Resin
Parameter:
Bending modul: Secant modul from 0,05 - 0,4 mm elongation
Test speed: 1 mm/min
Test part geomety: 2´2´25 mm
Support width: 15 mm
Light source: High-pressure mercury vapor lamp

Results:
Perfactory®
Light oven
  (5 min post exposure) (20 min exposure)
Bending strength: 90 - 100 MPa 70 - 80 MPa
Bending Module: 1800 - 2000 MPa 1500 - 1600 MPa
Elongation at break: 6 - 9 % 10 - 13 %

Shore Hardness DIN 53505