Re: Duraform in medical industry?

From: JB Ventures BV (info@jbventures.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 14:31:48 EEST

Hello Bjorn,

One of our (prototyping) customers uses our FDM-PC (polyCarbonate) prototyping parts for vaginal inspection equipment tests. The problem with prototyped SLS-Duraform is the fact that powder-particles allways (may) come loose from the product/prototype no matter what surface finish is done. An FDM part is made by fully melting the material, instead of (surface)melting small PA particles. Above that, PA is not approved for this kind of medical use as far as I know (?)

Soon PPSU will be available for prototyping. This material is also used for production of medical equipment parts. We ourselves run PSU/PES (Poly(Ether)Sulfone) and PEEK on our injectionmoulding-machines for series production of (medical) membrane applications.

Perhaps you can do something with this ...

Kind regards,

Met de overtuiging u hiermee een goede aanbieding gedaan te hebben voor PolyCarbonaat prototyping, met een vriendelijke groet,

Jorn Berends

RapidPrototyping.NL (JB ventures BV)
Fuutweg 17
7442 CL Nijverdal

T (..31)(0)548 - 620 880
F (..31)(0)548 - 620 881
E offerte@rapidprototyping.nl
W www.RapidPrototyping.NL

Experience your RapidPrototyping-parts being made
with superior material performance !