FormZ Stereolithography Files

From: Steven Pollack (StevenP@DigitalJeweler.NET)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 00:33:03 EEST

Since upgrading to version 3.9.5 of FormZ from 3.6 I am getting bad .stl
data in every file I do. I have been using the software for three years and
never had one bad file and now I get all kinds of spray during the slicing
in ModelWorks. I sent a few files to FormZ and they say I am the only one
having this problem. I have no idea how many other people are using it for
prototyping. They acknowledge the bad data but are trying to say that maybe
it is my modeling that is producing the bad results.

As I said I have been using it for years without a hitch and own two
ModelMakerII machines and produce alot of waxes every week using FormZ. I
have not changed the way I model at all. Now I cannot build because layers
within the build are either blank or print support where build material is
supposed to go.

I cannot go back to 3.6 as I have a new USB key that will not work with the
older versions.

I know I can send this out for data fixing or else I can buy a $6,000 Magics
software. Are there any other options? Are there any other FormZ users
that have had this happen? Does anyone have version 3.6 they want to sell?

If I cannot resolve this quickly it looks like I make be switching to Rhino.

Thanks,

Steven Pollack
Digital Jeweler, LLC