Re: RP in stores now!

From: SCat3D@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 20:53:40 EEST

>> At those prices I can find you craftsmen to hand carve, paint, and package
the dolls.

And yet, besides Nieman Marcus, every major toy company (Mattel, McFarlane,
Hasbro, Jakks, Toy Biz, etc.) goes to Gentle Giant to get rp output. I'll bet
for the price Annie Liebowitz charges for a portrait photo, you could find
thousands of "craftsmen" willing to scratch out a likeness with colored
pencils.

All kidding aside, I dearly hope for the day my kid (or more likely,
grandkid) can fire up an affordable 3d printer and make his own action
figures.

Steve
www.gentlegiantdigital.com