RE: Price idea for a resin/plastic model

From: Vern Carter (vern@3dresource.com)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 04:02:46 EEST

A lot of clients fail to realize that orientation of the part in the build
chamber is an important aspect in costing and part quality. Rarely does a
client specify that they want a part built a certain way. Also, not all
business is good business. If a potential client takes longer to pay, has
bad credit, is overly picky regardless of price or if the SB is to busy to
take on more work, the stl file requires a lot of fixing, the pricing may
vary widely even from the same SB. You may get a better price then the guy
next door for the same part.

Lets be realistic, we will never see a "market rate". After all, this is not
a commodity you can buy off the shelf. So many issues need to be considered.
I find it hard to believe that so many are still struggling with this price
thing. Lets remember that Mikey only wanted a part to pass around and aid in
problem solving. Maybe plastic/resin is not what he really needs. This is a
prime example of where added value is not being accounted for? More dialog
is needed to compare Apples to Apples. SB's who only want to sell what they
offer or what is most profitable for them to sell, should be avoided in this
instance.

I say. MAKE THE PROCESS FIT THE APPLICATION AND PAY A FAIR AND REASONABLE
PRICE RELATIVE TO THAT APPLICATION!!!!

Cheers.

Vern Carter
Creative Technical Solutions
6880 Hillsdale Court
Indianapolis, IN 46250
317-578-3445
fax 317-578-3446
www.3dresource.com

This e-mail and any attached file is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone
other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify us by calling the
person listed above.