Need help – support-tool in planning

From: Volker Finger (finger@iwb.tum.de)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 15:19:15 EEST

Hello rp-ml mailing list,

I am a student working at the iwb, Technical University of Munich,
Germany (for more information about the institute visit www.iwb.de or
www.rp-net.de ). In the context of my practical term as computer
scientist, I will program a kind of support-tool for the process of
decision-making in the rp-market.

Every day you have to make important decisions: Which machine to build
your parts on, which technology buy next, who is the right provider for
me. Which software to use and so on and so on…

For these decisions you need lots of information. So my main questions
are: Where do you get your information normally and how much effort do
you spend on it? Which unanswered questions are most important and
perhaps recurrent?

The software-tool is in the conceptual phase at the moment. Please look
at my questions this way: With your answers you have the chance to give
the right direction to my work of the next half year. Of course, I will
keep your answers confidential.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Yours sincerely

Volker Finger