RE: Slice parts for LOM with other software tools

From: Nick Osborn (Nick.Osborn@swiftech.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 17:50:15 EEST

I believe Materialise has just launched a module for doing exactly this (called "OptiLOM" or similar?).

Your best bet is to contact Thomas Zwijsen at the Belgium HQ: +0032 16 39 66 66

Email: software@materialise.be

Hope this helps

Nick

Nick Osborn
Managing Director
Swift Technologies Limited
Tel: +44 (0) 1354 650 789
www.swiftech.co.uk

"Real Parts Real Quick - Because Time is Money"

>>> "scott" <scott@colpittsdesign.com> 24/10/02 13:46:12 >>>
I used to own a 1015 plus, I don't believe there is any way to
pre-slice the models. As far as I know, you must import the stl file of
your part into the LOMslice software that controls the machine. The
LOMslice software controls the crosshatching of waste zones and also
offsets your geometry by the beam radius.

Scott