Re: FDM Speed

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 21:10:36 EET

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Kumi Limited wrote:
> Having worked in the machine tool industry for 20 years and the last 9 in
> the RP world I find it hard to believe that the very people who have
> invested sweat, tears, time and money in RP machinery and in to providing a
> good quality service to their customers are the very group who sit here day
> in day out slinging arrows at their own kind. The RPML is not a closed club
> for the elitist, anybody can join! So why don't we promote the industry
> instead of putting it down all the time.

Because it's not good enough for what we want to do. If RP technology
were mature, we wouldn't have to sweat, cry, and mess up otherwise
productive lives trying to get it to jump through hoops. All things
considered, I don't think it's at all surprising that this is a cranky
forum.

If you feel the list should be more laudatory, I suggest that you lard
your own posts with greater sweetness and light. Myself, I think it's
best for outsiders and insiders alike to have an accurate impression
of where RP is fun and where it is frustrating. That's what makes
this list worth the electrons it's printed on. (Props to Hannu.)

-Sheba

--
Bathsheba Grossman                 phone (831)429-8224, fax (831)460-1242
Sculpting geometry                                          bathsheba.com