Safety of Polyurethane elastomer parts (rapid protos from a silicone mould)

From: Nick Reed (nreed@resmed.com.au)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 01:47:26 EET

Hi, does anyone know of a link/source which gives some info re the safety of
Polyurethane elastomer parts in a cured form? (I know that residual
iso-cyanates can be a problem with some PUR's)
I have the MSDS and data sheet for the uncured (components) material but can
find nothing on the cured state.
When its cured its tends to smell, a bit. I want to know if I can post-cure
or wash or something else to get rid of the odour or is it unsafe to let
anyone breath the vapours (even in the cured form)

 Nick Reed BE(Nav. Arch)
 Mechanical Engineering Manager - Bi-level Devices

 email: nickr@resmed.com.au
 telephone: +61 2 9886-5644
 fax: +61 2 9878-5564

 ResMed Ltd
 97 Waterloo Road
 North Ryde NSW 2113
 Australia

 Internet: http://www.resmed.com

Warning: Copyright ResMed. Where the contents of this email and/or attachment includes materials prepared by ResMed, the use of those materials is subject exclusively to the conditions of engagement between ResMed and the intended recipient.

This communication is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. By the use of email over the Internet or other communication systems, ResMed is not waiving either confidentiality of, or legal privilege in,the content of the email and of any attachments.
If the recipient of this message is not the intended addressee, please call ResMed immediately on +61 2 9886 5000 Sydney, Australia.