RE: Quickcast burnout

From: Pike, Jim (Jim.Pike@sturm-inc.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 15:04:42 EET

Kahled,

Assuming you are going to burnout the quickcast pattern from a investment shell!!??
I would recommend adding some extra coats of shell material (2-3) for strength. I am sure there are others on the list that can recommend
temperatures and times of burnout (I believe depends on size of pattern as well!). I would also suggest blowing out any residual ash with air prior to casting! Also, It may be to your advantage to vent areas of the pattern?

Jim