Re: Ceramics

From: Stewart Dickson (dicksonsp@ornl.gov)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 17:21:47 EET

I thought that Soligen <http://www.soligen.com/> had an exclusive on
this line of business.
(Ceramic cores [alumina-colloidal silica] for industrial castings.)
[Hmmm, I see they have relinquished the <http://www.partsnow.com> URL.]

-Stewart Dickson
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~dickson

Lamar Davidge wrote:

> Chris,
>

> I would think that investment casting companies would be interested in
> these materials for use as cores. Try www.sermatech.com
> <http://www.sermatech.com> . They have an investment casting facility
> located in Miami, Florida they cast short run, precision pieces in
> superalloy's. They might be able to help you answer some of these
> questions. Will Ataluka, is a process engineer, he might be a good
> contact, I would tell you his boss's name, but I can't remember it
> right now.
>

> Lamar

Stewart Dickson, Visualization Researcher, Computer Science and Math Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory, P.O. Box 2008, Oak Ridge, TN  37831-6367
dicksonsp@ornl.gov (865)241-3748 (voice) (865)574-0680 (FAX)