Measurement?

From: ebrastow@automatedemblem.com
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 00:04:43 EET

Hi,

I started writing a long, detailed email about my situation, but it really
only comes down to this: Does anyone out there know of a company that could
take 600 IGES files (2D outlines only) and compare them to the perimeter of
600 physical parts (tooling dies, actually) for accuracy? We had a company
use a Renishaw Cyclone to probe around the perimeter of about 600+ stamped
parts (1/4" to 3" in diameter - all different shapes), and we would now like
to see if we could have the resultant IGES tested against the actual
physical tooling for accuracy. By accurate I mean to within about .001".

I'm not sure if this makes sense to you guys, and I'm not sure this is the
right list, but it seemed like a good place to start.

Thanks,

Evan