Raster to Vector

From: Jonathan Chertok (chertok22@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 02:50:12 EET

List,

I have a drawing that I wish to get into a waterjet or laser cutting machine to get an intricate logo cut out of metal.

The original is a linotype (I believe) reproduced on paper, and I also have a continuous tone negative photographically shot of this original.

Can someone advise me as to whether there is software that can get me a vector-based dxf (or similar) with a complicated logo (shareware?!) and whether there is a photo-based etching process that I might look into as being cost effective?

Or do I need to set down and try and trace it?

Thanks for the help.

Jonathan

Universal Join
t Design Build