RE: Ceramic sintering

From: David K. Leigh (dkleigh@harvest-tech.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 17:00:40 EET

We have an "experimental" material that we have been working with for the
past 2 years or so. It is a ceramic material with a binder. We sinter the
binder in an SLS machine and then cure the ceramic and binder in an oven.
We then infiltrate the ceramic with a high temperature epoxy and then cure
it in the oven as well. The cure cycle is 24 hours at 400F. It is a
relatively strong part and has good detail and fairly good accuracy. If you
are interested in more details, let me know.

David K. Leigh (254) 933-1000
Harvest Technologies, Inc. fax (254) 298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services www.harvest-tech.com