Re: Can I make PU parts without vacuum casting unit ?

From: Michael Tsenter (nesttech@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 01:22:24 EET

Hi Keith:

Yes, it is possible.

You can use a pressure tank to pressurize the liquid silicone (RTV).

Once the mold is ready you can use a pneumatic gun to fill the mold with
resin and then pressurize the mold with liquid resin in it.

You will need the following equipment:

Pressure Tank (based on mold size)
Pneumatic Gun
Oven (optional)

We can supply you with all of these, including de-gassed PU resin
cartridges.

You can even make parts without the Pneumatic Gun, but then you may need
a scale to weigh out your resin for the correct mix ratio.

The vacuum casting unit is useful if you want to do high volume (up to
500) of very complex thin wall castings to simulate and sometimes
replace injection molded parts.

Best regards,
Michael Tsenter

--