Re: size(s) limitation(s)

From: Paul Suomala (psuomala@sandersdesign.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 15:25:06 EET

Christian,
 I cannot speak for all the RP process but perhaps can give you some
idea.
 Recently I encountered a file that is 215Mb and, if memory serves me
correctly, approximately 2.5 - 3 million triangles. I was not able to
wait long enough for this file to come up in an STL viewer on a PIII
with 256mb ram.
 I was able to eventually handle it (slowly) on another computer with
1gb ram, dual PIII Xenon processors and Raid 0 hard drive configuration.

 My conclusion at this time is that the only limitation is the
configuration of the PC you have...
 But I wonder why you are asking about this ?

Best regards,
Paul S