Re: Dissolving SL Resin?

From: Paul Suomala (psuomala@sandersdesign.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 16:10:46 EET

James,
 The "Sanders" green material goes to liquid state at 95 Deg
C.
It is attacked (at room temperature) very rapidly by acetone
(isopropyl alcohol works but is a little slower). If
evacuation must be completed at room temperature, either of
these would remove all the green material with adequate
flushing.
 Autoclaving is an alternative if that is an acceptable
temperature. However,
 I presume the investment substitute displays unacceptable
behavior at elevated temperatures or Rob would not be so
specific about that requirement.

 Rob - does the project HAVE to be made from SLA material?
If so, I should think the material providers know what
destroys their material(s).

best regards,
Paul S