RP Certification

From: RP-Lab @ ATCs - SDCC (@)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 21:53:52 EET

What the RP industry DOES NOT need is any self-serving certification. What the industry does need are a solid set of skills standards that apply to industry. We are currently in the process of defining skills needed for several levels of technical education. I agree that if a company hires a RP professional they should assume a certain level of competency if that employee has obtained certification. Several government agencies are very interested to see how the RP industry will handle this situation. We need to make sure that the certification is not driven by the RP vendors but the certifications need to be driven by the industries that RP servs.

Edward C. Tackett
Virtual Technology Manager
Advanced Technology Centers
San Diego City College