Varying SLS parameters

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 03:37:21 EET

Brian

I agree that there appears to be no problem with having different build
settings per layer.

I think our record has been 7 laser power settings pre layer, each built
using 3 different scan spacing values. Thus 21 different settings in one
layer. All built without any problem on our old SS2000 with NT OS.

I also agree with David that the hangs are more due to network failures and
(possibly) complex or poor slice files. We also used to suffer problems
with the comms link between the PC and the PLC, which required a cold boot
of the PLC.

IG

Dr. Ian Gibson
Department of Mechanical Engineering