Re: Case Study RP and Supply Chain

From: Timothy J Gornet (tim.gornet@louisville.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 22:09:31 EET

John,
That presentation was done by the venerable Pete Sferro of Ford Motor
Company. From my notes it was presented at the 1990 National Conference
on Rapid Prototyping in Dayton, Ohio.

Tim

Tim Gornet Computer Aided Engineering Consultant
INTERNET: tim.gornet@louisville.edu
SLUGNET: Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292
PHONENET: (502)852-0714 FAXNET: (502)852-8890
Rapid Prototyping Center
http://www.louisville.edu/speed/rpc/

>>> "John B Bennion" <Bennion@raytheon.com> 03/03/03 02:36PM >>>
I am looking for information about a case study that was performed by
Ford.
The case compared bid packages with and without RP models. In the
study,
the bids with RP models came back faster and significantly cheaper.
Anyone
know anything about this?

John Bennion

John Bennion