RE: SLS Machines Locking Up

From: Roger Spielman (RSpielman@regale.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 22:31:19 EET

The Sinterstations store the "states log" in ram. This file retains all of
the critical build data for documenting the run as well as a tool for
troubleshooting if anything goes wrong. It appends the build data to this
file run by run, and it's up to the operator to clear the memory. As you
might guess, a few complex runs letting this file grow and your cruising for
trouble. I really don't think this is a problem of the process or system as
many folks depend on this data for a history of the run and future
reference. The bad part is when ignored it becomes a serious problem which
can & will shut down your build. Perhaps a pre-build warning could be
written into the software letting people know when this reaches critical
mass?

Roger Spielman
Regale Corp.