Re: Open Position for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship

From: Alain BERNARD (Alain.Bernard@irccyn.ec-nantes.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 10:32:57 EEST

Dear Deon,

glad to hear from you!

Yes I definitively vouch for the quality of welcome and of interest
concerning South Africa!

I also would like to encourage doctors to candidate for your post-doc
grant. I will publish it in our journal.

Looking forward,

Best Regards,

Alain

At 08:34 02/04/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>Dear Colleagues
>
>The Centre for Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing at the Technikon Free
State, in Bloemfontein, South Africa (central part of South Africa), is one
of the leading prototyping centres in SA. Being supported by South Africa's
National Research Foundation (NRF), as well as industry, the centre has
access to equipment such as Modelmaker, SLA (250); SLS (both DTM/3D and
EOS), CNC (including high speed machining), reverse engineering and vacuum
casting.

>The centre facilitates the institution's Integrated Product Development,
Management & Design Research Niche area, and also acts as delivery arm for
a government-funded technology station inmetals value adding & product
development (technology demonstration, transfer & diffusion).

>We are looking for a a suitable candidate with experience in Product
Develpment / Rapid Prototyping & Tooling / Design / RP-related mechatronics
to be appointed for 1 - 3 years. Remuneration and responsabilities will be
finalised with the suitable candidate.

>South Africa is an interesting country, with much to offer - surely GARPA
colleagues like Terry Wohlers, Ian Gibson, Ian Campbell, Alain Bernaird,
Jukka Tiomi & Nico Blessing can vouch for that !

>I am looking forward to your reply.
>
>Deon de Beer

>This e-mail is subjected to the disclaimer that can be viewed at:
>* http://www.tfs.ac.za/www/disclaimer/email_disclaimer

Prof. Alain BERNARD
IRCCyN UMR CNRS 6597
Ecole Centrale de Nantes
1, rue de la Noë BP 92101
F - 44321 - NANTES Cedex 03 (France)
tel : + 33 (0) 2 40 37 69 53 (secrétariat) ou 69 66 (direct)
fax : + 33 (0) 2 40 37 69 30