Re: CAD package for free

From: Greg Pettengill (gpetteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 09:09:23 EEST

Ian,

I believe your story exemplifies and illustrates something that I feel I have known, but only intuitively! Rhino and Pro E appear to be quite different in intent and almost polar opposites in their corporate philosophy.

While Rhino seeks to provide an affordable tool to individuals, Pro E is focused on providing a more efficient tool to industry. This in turn is reflected in their respective products in many different ways and especially in how "user-friendly" they are.

If you asked me to pick one CAD system that would be a happy medium, without hesitation I would pick the granddaddy of all CAD/CAM systems, Anvil Express from MCS. I recently had this opinion reinforced by looking at their price list! Can there be a better deal out there somewhere?

Best Regards
Greg Pettengill
Cote' Art & Engineering
321-269-7587