Small Investment Casting Need

From: Dr. Brent Stucker (brent.stucker@usu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 18:52:39 EEST

I have a project where I need to work with a good miniature investment
casting company. ATK Propulsion (they make booster rockets for the
Space Shuttle and similar things) has a small piece they need to
prototype and then produce 500 or more in a year's time in Stainless
Steel. The part is a thin disk (about 1/2" in diameter and about .020"
thick) that has a few protrusions sticking out of it. It seems to me
that this is a perfect fit for some type of accurate ModelMaker machine
couple with a good investment casting foundry.

If you are able to quote on this project, please send me information
about your capabilities and I will forward them to Scott Jamison. He
can then provide the .STL file for quoting purposes. Thanks.

Brent

Dr. Brent Stucker
Utah State University
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering