Refrigerator

From: Kirk Alcond (kirk@aud.ucla.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 20:55:03 EEST

Hi Doug,

Sorry, no pictures. I'm from back in time when refrigerators were mostly
steel, sheet metal. They came with solid gaskets in the doors. For a low
vacuum draw they worked fine. I have worked in different shops where we set
these up for casting urethane into RTV molds. I will say though, our best
setup was a large old autoclave we got for fifty bucks from the UCLA
surplus inventory, warehouse. We could pull a vacuum then pressurize
without opening the door. I have also had a 75 gallon pressure tank made by
a local welding shop, in one afternoon, by using a surplus ship's tank
hatch and a surplus chunk of 36" diameter steel pipe from a salvage yard.

I've been away from this end of things for a while though. It sounds like
Andrew Miller is the man to check with for up to date information.

My best to you!
z Kirk
Kirk Alcond, UCLA Architecture, Shop Supervisor,
Phone: 310-825-1626