Data exchange centre

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 10:54:53 EEST

Dear rp-ml

I'd like to hear from anyone who has found a need to use data exchange
services. These are typically people who have had difficulties in reading
files files from outside sources and have needed the services of a third
party to help them with the translation/conversion.

I would be very grateful if you would be able to let me know your
experiences, what approaches/services you used, a measure of success, etc.

I am aware that there are companies that perform this task as well as local
resource centres that may be (partially) government funded. Are they
different animals, and is one approach better than another in the eyes of
the consumer?

Regards

IG

Dr. Ian Gibson