Solidworks for organic shapes

From: Randy Howard (rhoward@aaahawk.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 11:34:50 EEST

Howdy all,

I have an opportunity for some contract work but the potential employer wants someone familiar with "organic modeling". Um, er, I think that what he really should want is an assurance that whomever he hires is comfortable with the spatial perceptions that this type of modeling requires, but who am I to say? Anyway, this got me thinking. I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a book dealing specifically with the various techniques used to create complex curved geometry's using SolidWorks? Most texts I have seen are much more fundamental and this really is a topic that is increasingly of greater interest industry-wide.

Randy Howard
Mechanical Designer