Re: stl reader for Copyright application

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 20:39:14 EEST

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Jonathan Chertok wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an stl file "reader" that I could include on a CD Rom
> with an application to the Copyright Office? This would accompany some stl
> files and was hoping someone could advise as to whether I would need some
> specific software to avoid anything that might get me hung up with some kind
> of inappropriate use problems.
>
> A nice simple interface that would let someone roll the shape around would
> be cool. Most of the work was sent through Materialise Magics...
>
> Perhaps Bathsheba might be so kind as to offer some experience on this one?

Just send a picture. That's all the copyright office requires, and I
assure you they're not going to slot your CD and run your software in
order to process the application.

-Sheba

--
Bathsheba Grossman                 phone (831)429-8224, fax (831)460-1242
Sculpting geometry                                          bathsheba.com