re: point cloud manipulation

From: James Hurley (hurley920385@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 18:10:07 EEST

I looked at Geomagic and Rapidform not too long ago. Geo has an easy
interface but Rapidform seems to have more functionality. When I was
fitting NURBS surfaces to the data, geomagic would only allow me to modify a
patch network they created, but rapidform let me make my own patch layout
using NURBS splines. You've got to know how to make a good layout in that
case, but it looks like rapidform has automatic surfacing too. They both
have all the poly mesh tools like smooth, alignment and hole filling. I
evaluated them for a friend and I told him to go with rapidform, especially
given its lower pricing.

James Hurley