RE: Dropping like files today.

From: igibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 05:44:28 EEST

Me too, I've already pledged my allegiance to Hannu in private.

However, I have one question. Is there a way to block messages from anyone
except subscribers? Surely that would get rid of many of the offenders. We
could then initiate a 'complaints' system, where we can effectively vote
abusers off the list.

I know this might mean additional effort and therefore resources. However,
I've said this before and I'll say it again that I'm quite prepared to put my
money where my mouth is and pay a few dollars to cover my membership to this
list.

Et tu?

IG

>===== Original Message From Stewart Dickson <dicksonsp@ornl.gov> =====
>I agree. I'm staying.
>
>(Re: "Dropping like files..." -- somebody needs to attach an audio file
>to their e-mail
>with the sound of somebody dumping a drawer full of mill files onto a
>concrete floor)
>
>-Stewart
>
>Benjamin, Casey wrote:
>
>>I agree with Carl. The list has been very beneficial to me and I'm not
>>leaving it either.

>--
>Stewart Dickson, Visualization Researcher, Computer Science and Math Division
>Oak Ridge National Laboratory, P.O. Box 2008, Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6367
>dicksonsp@ornl.gov (865)241-3748 (voice) (865)574-0680 (FAX)

Dr. Ian Gibson
Dept. Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong